bringing you the latest movie reviews, tv reviews and entertainment news.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

What happened to TV...

In my opinion, it all started with I Love Lucy--the best show ever created. I think it all went downhill from there.

TV just isn't what it used to be and the few shows that do catch my interest eventually go off the air (as all shows do). There are a few winners out there such as Lost and Grey's Anatomy, but those are most certainly some of the smarter shows out there.
Kids and teens just don't have it the same either. Growing up I loved watching Care Bears, Popples, Jem and the Holograms and a variety of other shows that no longer fill the airwaves. And when I reached middle and high school Felicity and Charmed were definitely my big focus. They were just a lot of fun and so well done.

It's true that times are changing, but does quality have to. It seems that we're so overrun with shows. I wouldn't know what to watch even if I wanted to. And the reality tv really needs to stop. Yes, I do love me some Top Chef and So You Think You Can Dance, but it's nice to watch a show that has taken some time, thought and energy to create opposed to watching a contest or people living "real" life.

TV and film (we'll include them too) creators need to do some serious revamping. There's just so much out there nowadays. They've chosen quantity over quality and it's just not cutting it in my book.

No comments: